On Sept. 20th, we invited students out to grab a t-shirt, travel to another world in seconds with our virtual reality headset, and sign-up for our 2nd annual FuturizeX Student Challenge that is now officially open to submissions. Over 300+ students registered within just a few hours! Bruins, are you a problem solver? A creative thinker? Join them and tell us how you’ll shape the future of L.A.
How to get started:
It’s simple. Just follow the steps below:
- Identify a major problem facing L.A. – The drought? Air quality? Housing? Health? You name it.
- Using your knowledge in relation to science, technology, engineering, arts, and/or mathematics (S.T.E.A.M.), develop a new technology or invention to address the problem identified. Think about how it works, its impact on the issue and the future of Los Angeles, and what steps are needed to make it a reality.
- Make a pitch (in 400 words or less), accompanied by one visual diagram (optional) describing your new invention or technology. Tell us how it works, its impact, and its feasibility, and remember what you’re being scored on. You can only use 400 words or less, so chose them wisely.
- Do you have a blueprint, diagram, or illustration? You can submit one with your pitch, if you have one, to help us visualize or understand your idea.
- You’re all set, Bruin. Submit your entry here.